With the holiday approaching, Halloween desserts and treats are all the rage right now. You are probably seeing a ton of pumpkin and monster stuff out there, but what about the witches?? They need love too!
These Witches Brooms are easy to make, have just enough chocolate added to satisfy any sugar craving, and are perfect for your child’s Halloween class parties. They are so fun to put together, they make a great project for you and your little ones to do together!
What You Need:
- 10-12 oz bag of small pretzel sticks
- shredded wheat cereal, any brand (I used the large shredded wheat and cut them in 1/2)
- 12 oz Wilton chocolate melt
- Wilton icing for the top of the broom
1. Pour the Wilton chocolate melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat the chocolates in the microwave in 30 second increments and stir until melted. My microwave takes about 2 minutes for 12 oz of chocolate melt.
2. If using large shredded wheat, cut them down to the size you would like. Spread a little bit of the melted chocolate onto the back of each ‘broom’ (see photo) and give it a pretzel stick handle.
3. Repeat with all the brooms and line them on a large plate or cookie sheet. refrigerate 15-20 minutes to allow the chococlate to full set.
4. Remove from the fridge and using the icing on the top of broom making 1-2 strips across. Allow it to set.
5. Repeat with the desired amount of broom sticks.