This post is a mini challenge for the Summer 2017 edition of the Biannual Blogathon Bash. While anyone can use this information for affiliate marketing, only participants of the Blogathon are eligible for prizes. If you’d like to learn more or sign up, check out the Biannual Blogathon Bash!
We all know affiliate marketing is a great way to increase our blog income. Once the links are in place, they can earn us commissions again and again for years to come.
But, what if you aren’t satisfied with your affiliate earnings? Are there ways to improve the money you earn promoting other people’s products? Absolutely!
Below, we will take a look at some of the tips you can use to skyrocket your affiliate sales.
Skyrocket your Blog’s Affiliate Sales with these 5 Easy Tips!
1. Include affiliate links in EVERY post. It is unlikely that you would ever write a blog post where you couldn’t include an affiliate link. Recipes, crafts, and tutorials especially lend themselves to having affiliate links scattered throughout. Even a personal post could have a link or two put in – just mention something you use in your home while telling your story.
2. Don’t forget older posts! If you have posts that are performing well, traffic-wise, make sure they have affiliate links in them. It’s often better to beef up your old content than to keep writing new. Why not monetize the posts that have already proven to be winners?!
3. Cloak your affiliate links. Have you ever noticed that some affiliate links just appear spammy? There is a good bit of coding in these special links, so that you get credit for the sale. However, regular blog visitors may shy away from clicking these links, for fear they are spam. Combat this problem with the Pretty Links plugin.
This WordPress plugin will take your links from this:
The link will actually look like it’s part of your website. Much better looking than the “gobbly goop” from before! Plus, this makes your affiliate links easy to remember and type right into social media or emails, if you were to mention them in these places.
4. Use images with your text. It’s a good idea to link certain phrases to affiliate products within your blog posts. However, you don’t want to forego the power of visual promotions as well. Include the photo of the product you are promoting in your posts. Easy Product Displays is a great web-based tool that will help you with your promotions from Amazon, Share-A-Sale, and Dazzle. Here is one example of a image based promo ad using the Easy Product Displays program:
You can search for products within the EPD dashboard, then simply copy and paste the code it gives you into your blog post (already configured with your affiliate ID) to get the ad above!
5. Write great product reviews. Sometimes, the best way to earn affiliate sales is to give your thorough, unbiased option on the product. Reviews are a great way to gain trust, make commissions, and recommend products that you love and use on a daily basis.
In your product reviews, include 2-3 photographs of you using the product in your home. Include any many benefits as well as flaws with the product. Also, include information as to where the reader can purchase the product (that’s where your affiliate links come in!).
More on Affiliate Marketing
Now that you’ve learned some ways to improve your affiliate sales, continue reading one of the following related articles:
Biannual Blogathon Mini Challenge
For the Blogathon, complete the challenge and comment when you have finished!
- Update an older, well-performing blog post with affiliate links.
- Cloak your links with the Pretty Links plugin (there is a free option) before you insert them.
- Share the post you updated in the comments below
- Bonus step (options) – Update the older post with visual affiliate ads using Easy Product Displays!
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!