As a mom, we all need to know as many tricks as we can to keep our kids safe and happy. No one wants a trip to the ER in the middle of the night! Below are 10 mom hacks, as I like to call them. They are DIY, natural ways to fight common childhood ailments: poison ivy, diaper rash, insect bites and more!
1. If you see some redness and irritation on your baby’s precious bottom, this homemade diaper rash remedy from Crystal and Comp. works wonders. Plus, it only requires two ingredients!
2. With summer nearly here, you and the kids will be coming into contact with all the creepy crawlers that like to bite. Never fear – this magical, 3-ingredient itchy bite remedy from Paging Fun Moms will save your skin!
3. Little one up in the middle of the night pulling at her ear? Living Unrefined has the perfect earache home remedy to calm her and let her get back to sleep.
4. Scratchy, irritated throats can quickly be soothed with these Honey Lemon Sore Throat Pops at It’s Our Long Story.
5. Moms of new babies may want to learn this DIY Cradle Cap Remedy from Powerful Mothering. It’s a great way to eliminate the scaly scalp for good!
6. Pink eye seems to make its way around elementary schools and daycares often. Battle the irritation at home with My Cultured Palate’s natural pink eye remedy.
7. If your child is battling an ear infection, create a magic ear infection salt sock from Abundant Health for him. This can be warmed and applied to his ear to help with pain and discomfort.
8. Another common summer time health hazard — poison ivy! Try this natural poison ivy remedy by Creative Cain Cabin to get rid of any rashes and blisters.
9. Relieve sinus congestion with The Homespun Hydrangea’s vapor rub shower cubes. The hot water melts them in the tub so the steam works extra well in helping stuffy noses!
10. Soothe a sunburn with this DIY, all natural sunburn spray from My Merry Messy Life. To make it safe for your child’s sensitive skin, dilute with more water than the recipe calls for. It’s better than over the counter chemicals!