A new year is coming, and that means lots of weight loss resolutions will be made. The problem for many? They find exercise boring or monotonous. Don’t worry! Read on to find out how to you can make exercise enjoyable, so you keep at it and meet your health goals!
1. Change up your routines when possible. It can get boring fast if you are doing the same workouts week after week. It helps if you have more than one location or method for being active. For example, you could hit the gym one day, take a walk in your neighborhood the next, and a couple days later, work up a sweat by playing interactive video games.
2. Jam out to your favorite tunes while you are exercising to pass the time in a fun way. Create a playlist that you can add to your phone or MP3 player. Keep it with you at all times, so you can be ready to exercise with your upbeat music when the mood strikes you.
3. Get yourself a workout partner. It’s always more fun to have someone that you can gossip with as you jog or lift weights. For stay at home moms, a workout buddy may play an important role in getting adult conversation. Plus, having a partner holds you accountable, so you are more willing to stick with it for fear of letting someone else down.
4. Work out with your kiddos. They are full of energy and can probably run laps around you, but don’t let that stop you. Getting your exercise doesn’t have to be formal…45 minutes in the backyard chasing your children can be counted as a good cardio workout. Make it fun for them, and you will enjoy the time you spend sweating as well.
5. Reward yourself for hitting milestones. Making exercise into a friendly competition with yourself, and get rewarded for a job well done. Maybe you want a new pair of running shoes? Treat yourself to them once you’ve walked 3 miles in one session, or 10 miles in one week. Set goals you can achieve, so you don’t discourage yourself!