Need a list of self care ideas for busy work at home moms? Look no further! After finding new ways to relax and have a little “me” time amongst the chaos of this blog, my freelancing, my husband, my kids, and taking care of the home, I’ve decided to compile a huge list that will help you pamper yourself every now and then.
Benefits of Self Care for Women
There are many reasons that you should make self care a priority…for yourself, your health, and your family. Plus, this list of self care ideas just looks so much fun, am I right?
Benefits of self care for women include:
- Optimal health
- Preventing illness
- Reduced stress
- Mental clarity
- Boosting self-confidence and esteem
- A happier, more optimistic outlook on life
- An increase in patience
- Increased productivity
- Strengthen family and spousal connections
There’s no reason more busy work at home moms are turning to self care! It’s a great way to get a little time for yourself in your packed schedule. Making yourself a priority ensures you are engaged with your children, have time for your spouse, and feel good about life itself.
Okay, now – what you probably came here for….the big list of self care ideas that you can enjoy!
Ultimate List of Self Care Ideas for Busy WAHMs
1. Get a pedicure – complete with the massage chair!
2. Get a manicure
3. Book a 30-minute massage
4. Make a homemade face mask
5. Watch a romantic comedy
6. Go off the grid – even for just 15 minutes!
7. Take a warm bubble bath
8. Go for a short walk
9. Turn on some tunes and relax
10. Play something more upbeat and dance for 15 minutes
11. Watch the sunset – from your home, the park, or the beach
12. Read a book from your “to read” list
13. Make a lunch date with a friend
14. Visit the local library
15. Go for a swim
16. Give adult coloring books a try!
17. Throw down a blanket and watch the clouds
18. Get a new hairdo
19. Take a relaxing drive – with no destination in mind
20. Do 30 minutes of yoga
21. Take photos in the park
22. Sing in a nice, long shower
23. Write in a journal
24. Declutter your wardrobe
25. Replace the unwanted clothing with a new outfit!
26. Bake cookies with your children
27. Dance with your kids
28. Read books to your little ones
29. Visit a comedy club
30. Take a break in a local coffee shop
31. Close your eyes and practice relaxed breathing
32. Go to bed one hour early
33. Spend an evening on your front (or back) porch
34. Do a craft
35. Try out a new hobby
36. Cuddle session with your spouse, pets, or children
37. Take in an art museum
38. Light a scented candle and relax
39. Read the comics in the newspaper
40. Turn down a commitment you don’t really want to do
Hopefully this long list of self care ideas for women will help you relax and take a time out for yourself. I’ll try to add more to the list as I find new ways to rest my mind and body in order to take care of me!