Christmas cookie recipes are something I search for online every single year. There are so many delicious recipes out there. I can’t help but bake a couple dozen cookies with my boys…it’s become a tradition! This year, I am considering hosting a Christmas Cookie Exchange as part of my yearly baking festivities.
The idea of swiping cookies with friends and family sounds very yummy – plus, it will give me a reason to bake more! I’ve been reading up on how to host a successful Christmas Cookie Exchange, and here’s what I’ve found.
Tips to Hosting a Christmas Cookie Exchange
1. Think outside the box – Sure, the traditional sugar or chocolate Christmas cookie recipes are tasty, but this is your chance to really shine. Think of something that isn’t done quite as much, to really wow the guests at your cookie exchange.
2. Make enough for everyone to have at least two – People are sure to love the Christmas Cookie Recipes they sample at the party. Make sure that you have enough for them to try one and take a 1-2 home if they choose.
3. Have plenty of cute boxes on hand – Because the purpose of the swap is to get lots of delicious Christmas cookies, make sure there are take-out boxes available to your attendees. You can find cheap yet cute festive boxes on Amazon or maybe even in the dollar store!
4. Don’t forget the refreshments – Though everyone will be nibbling on cookies during the swap, you still want to have some other snacks on hand to pair with the sweetness. At the minimum, make sure everyone has plenty of milk (and other options) to wash their Christmas cookies down!
Now that you have some idea of on how to host your own cookie exchange…let’s move onto the recipes!
25 Christmas Cookie Recipes
1. Christmas Tree Meringue Cookies | This Silly Girl’s Kitchen
2. Christmas Coconut Pecan Cookies | Pizzazzerie
3. Eggnog Cookies | Java Cupcake
4. Loaded Peppermint Cookies | Food, Folks and Fun
5. Reindeer Cookies | Momerish
6. Christmas Pudding Cookies | Culinary Ginger
7. Spritz Cookies | Ann’s Entitled Life
8. Melted Snowmen Cookies | Saving Dollars & Sense
9. Butter Almond Snowball Christmas Cookies | Adventures of Mel
10. Grinch Grahams | Momerish
11. Soft Ginger Cookies | Cute as a Fox
12. Ugly Sweater Christmas Cookies | The Baking ChocolaTess
13. No-Bake Santa’s Belly Cookies | The Country Chic Cottage
14. Peanut Butter Rudolph Cookies | Cincy Shopper
15. Holiday Stocking Surprise Cookies | Life with 4 Boys
16. Ginger Snaps | Coffee with Us 3
17. Eggnog Oatmeal Cookies | Kleinworth & Co.
18. Spiced Hot Chocolate Peppermint Cookies | Plating Pixels
19. Chocolate Snow Cookies | Amanda’s Cookin
20. Easy Red Velvet Christmas Cookie Sandwiches | B-Inspired Mama
21. Oatmeal Candy Christmas Cookies | My Mini Adventurer
22. Homemade Peppermint Shortbread Cookies | A Cultivated Nest
23. White Chocolate Ganache Christmas Cookies | Sugar Bee Crafts
24. Mint Kiss Meringue Cookies | Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
25. Peppermint Candy Cane Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies | This Girl’s Recipes