Learn how bullet journaling for WAHMs can help you stay organized and boost your productivity!
What in the world is bullet journaling you ask? Check out a basic breakdown of the original here at bulletjournal.com. Though I work online, I am still a notebook and pen girl at heart, especially when it comes to planning and organizing.
Bullet journals are now an art form – besides just notes, it’s a place to sketch, color, and add decorative elements like washi tape. Maybe you have an idea of it from Pinterest and you want to know how you can use it to help keep your home and work at home business running a little smoother. I am here with 10 ways that bullet journaling can do just that!
Bullet Journaling for WAHM’s
1. Streamline all areas of your life – While I consider the free spirited and fun design of bullet journals one of the best features, I love that it still helps keep you organized. Forget those three planners, two notebooks, random scraps of paper, notes written on napkins, and hastily scrawled shopping list on the chalkboard in the kitchen. You just need to carry one little book- and you can find them in all shapes and sizes.
2. Keep your work and home separate but in the same place – One of the challenges of being a work at home mom is keeping work hours and personal hours separate and defined. The same is true of planning, but it is so much easier to keep everything in one place right? Instead of keeping 2 planners?
The flexibility of a bullet journal allows you to do just that. Use the left side of a two-page spread for business and the right side for home, or just define each thing within a designated square. No more flipping back and forth from two planners!
3. Track your business and home expenses- Just like keeping the two separate but together above you can do the same with income and expenses. Create an area on each page or within each selection that you designate for tracking income and expenditures and you’ll know at a glance where you stand.
BEST BULLET JOURNALS FOR WAHMS!
Dotted Bullet Journal/Notebook – Lemome A5 Hardcover Dot Grid Notebook with Pen Loop – Premium Thick Paper – Page Dividers GiftsDOTTED Leather Notebook/Journal – Lemome Medium Size A5 Bullet Journal – Premium Thick Paper – Softcover Classic Dot Grid Pages Notebook 5×8 inLeuchtturm1917 Medium Size Hardcover A5 Notebook – Dotted Pages – Black
4. Take care of Mom first – You can also use your bullet journal to track things like exercise, water intake, and doctor appointments… not to mention uplifting and inspirational quotes. When mom is taken care of mentally, physically, and spiritually, then she can take care of everybody else so much better. Don’t forget to schedule yourself some me time while you’re scheduling all your appointments.
5. Merge your to do lists – Working from home often means constant interruptions and the mixing of business and pleasure. With a business and home to do list on the same page – but each in their own column – you can easily glance back and forth see which items need priority.
6. Let calendars work for you – Create a calendar system that works for you, either a monthly/weekly spread, daily pages, or both! Now this may be different for each area of your life, and is another reason to love bullet journaling.
AMAZING BULLET JOURNALING ACCESSORIES!
Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pens, .3mm, Metal Clad Tip, 20-Pack, Assorted (334SB20BK)Stabilo Pens Item 8830-1 Point 88-Fine Point-30 Color Wallet of Coloring Pens/Fineline Markers-Includes 30 Unique ColorsWashi Masking Tape Set of 24, Decorative Masking Tape Collection,Tape for DIY Crafts and Gift Wrapping Office Party SuppliesMassMall® Decorative DIY Tape Washi Rainbow Candy Color Sticky Paper Masking Adhesive Tape Scrapbooking &Phone DIY Decoration 10xRoll
7. Brain dump – Most traditional planners do not contain enough note pages…a bullet journal is a great place to jot down those million ideas that flit through your head The sun up to sundown and sometimes even during sleep hours. be it personal or work and then later on you can sit down and organize them on the proper pages.
8. Fabulous for goal setting – Both business and personal goals see more concrete and attainable when they’re written down. Use your bullet journal to log your goals, and don’t forget to mark and celebrate your successes.
9. Allows for a creative outlet – I am lucky enough to have a job that feeds my creativity and allows me to make things for a living. But I am still grateful to have a place that is just for me to express my creativity and color like a five-year-old if I want. With all the fun things available for bullet journaling it doesn’t have to be a boring planner. You can purchase beautiful pens In every color of the rainbow, pattern page dividers, washi tape, and other items to customize and personalize your Bullet Journal.
10. Be a more efficient Mom– Bullet journaling as a mom helps you to be more efficient when it’s time to do the job that helps pay the bills. Using your daily bullet journal to remind you of things like thawing something out for dinner, making cookies on Thursday for the PTA dinner, or putting pick up science board on your to do list means that those little things won’t be the worrisome niggling things in the back of your head they will be done and out of the way and you can focus on putting together that presentation.
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!