If you are looking for a festive fall treat, give these white chocolate pumpkin snickerdoodles a shot! Every year around this time, I am scouring the grocery store shelves for all things pumpkin. It stems from pregnancy cravings that I had with my 2 year old. I just can’t get enough!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup canned pumpkin purée
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mixture
(1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add the butter and both sugars. Stir until well combined.
2. Add the puréed pumpkin and vanilla to the sugar mixture. Stir until well incorporated and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to mix. Add the pumpkin sugar mixture and stir again to fully incorporate.
4. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
5. Cover and chill for 30-40 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
7. Shape the chilled dough into 2 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Using the the bottom of a glass, flatten each cookie ball.
8. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each cookie.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake.
10. While still warm on the baking sheet, lightly sprinkle cookies again with cinnamon sugar mixture.
11. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
– This recipe yields 2 dozen white chocolate pumpkin snickerdoodles.
– There are no eggs used in this recipe.
– Store in an airtight container up to 7 days.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out these:
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!