How to Start Blogging
Learning how to start blogging is much easier than you may think. snd setting a blog up isn’t very costly either! Once you have a blog up and running, you can monetize it in several different ways to make your initial investment back. oNote: The initial investment is for one year of blogging!
Blogging is where I really started to make money online, and it’s made me the most income to date.
Affiliate links are used in this tutorial. If you sign up through these links, I will earn a commission. Thanks!
If you want to learn how to start blogging, you are going to need a domain and web hosting. Hold off on the domain right now, as I have a way to get you one for free. I’ll mention it below – but first I want to talk about web hosting.
Now, you could do a free blog, but that is NOT the way to go if you want to make money. Your abilities on those sites are limited, and people have had their blogs deleted for no reason. Since you don’t own the space, you run a huge risk of all your hard work being gone without warning.
Plus, many advertisers and brands shy away from free blogs because they don’t see them as professional. And since you can get web hosting very affordably, you don’t want to give people a reason not to work with you!
How to Start Blogging with Siteground Hosting
Siteground is a web hosting company I highly recommend. They are super cheap for web hosting, and I have always heard great things about them.
Why choose Siteground?
- Super easy start blogging with WordPress. Siteground will even install WordPress for you at no charge! Note: WordPress is the free platform you will use for your blog. It is simple to use and offers SO many customizations and features, you won’t be disappointed. This version of WP is different from having a free blog at WordPress.com.
- Sites on Siteground load faster! Comparing them with 12 other popular web hosts, Siteground websites load in about 1.3-1.7 seconds, where the average time for all was 3 seconds.
- Siteground offers great security for your blog, so you don’t worry about getting hacked!
- You will have a self-hosted blog. No worries about your work being deleted.
- Superior customer service. Live chat, support tickets, and even phone support are available, with answers within minutes!
PURCHASE YOUR HOSTING PLAN
To get the ball rolling, you’ll head over to Siteground and decide on a plan. Starting out, you should go with the “StartUp” plan for just $3.95 per month. This offers plenty of space and bandwidth (what is used when you get traffic to your blog) for someone just beginning.
Click the “Get Started” button under the plan you wish to purchase to complete your transaction. You will receive all of the information needed via email to get your blog up and running on your new web hosting as soon as you complete the purchase.
To install WordPress, you will need to access your cPanel. Refer to the log in details emailed to you from Siteground once you purchased hosting.
Siteground offers free manual installation of WordPress for new users! That is definitely a nice perk to take advantage of.
If you prefer to install WordPress yourself, follow the steps to use the Siteground Wizard here. It only takes 2 minutes!
ACCESS YOUR BLOG
Visit yourdomainname.com/wp-login.php in order to sign into your WordPress dashboard. Use the username and password you just created in the WordPress installation steps above. From here, you can write your first blog post, change your blog’s theme, add plugins, and more.
More Posts You May Like:
Stay tuned for more tutorials on how to start blogging on WordPress!
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!