I have gotten a little behind on sharing my income reports, but here is my second one!
If you recall, I made $1820 in October 2016. In December, just two months later, I greatly increased my income to just over $3000!
While I’m still not totally comfortable sharing my numbers online, I know that it helps many others see what is possible through blogging, being a virtual assistant, freelancing, and other forms of online income. I don’t even have any products out yet, so don’t feel that it’s necessary to create an ebook or course to make good money online.
December 2016 Income
Okay, let’s dive into the details of my income for December:
- Affiliate Income: $170
- VA/Freelancing: $813
- Sponsored Posts: $720
- SEO Services: $1,385
I purchased a few courses and renewed memberships related to my online business in December. All in all, I spent about $600 in expenses, making my total income for the month right at $2,400.
Total Income for December: $2,400
What Worked in December 2016:
- More services. In December, I started offering Pinterest management services along with content creation/management. Many bloggers need help scheduling pins and creating pinnable images so the services are in high demand.
- Increased affiliate income. My blog posts here on OIM are starting to take off on social media, and they are earning me affiliate income. My best affiliate products at the moment are Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing, Lena Gott’s Blog Traffic eBook, and Tailwind.
- SEO position. In early December, I landed a freelance position with a SEO consulting firm. I managed a variety of services for four clients during the month. Services included writing blog posts, updating alt tags, meta tags, and page titles and descriptions, and scheduling social media posts.
- Blogging Giveaway. I put together a huge giveaway that went live on December 1. From it, I gained over 350 new email subscribers!
What Didn’t Work in December 2016:
- Twitter. I keep tweeting my new blog posts and even affiliate links. I’m just not getting anywhere on there. I’ll keep plugging away though, since it’s easy to schedule tweets with CoSchedule.
December 2016 Traffic
- Unique Visitors: 9,685
- Page Views: 15,450
I had a very good month, traffic-wise, on Online Income Mom. From October, my uniques and pageviews have both tripled! I consider that a win since most people were busy shopping for the holidays in December rather than looking up how to build an online income.
My most popular post in December was “PicMonkey Editor Tutorial: How to Create Pin-worthy Images”
What’s Next for OIM
I am working on some ebooks to put out in 2017. I am currently working on one about content creation and another about getting started as a freelancer. Hopefully the first one will be out in March!
I also want to get back to a consistent posting schedule here on the blog, which I slacked on in December and January. But, good things are coming!
How is your online income coming along?
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!