With my oldest son’s year of Kindergarten coming to a close, I have been thinking about some fun ways to celebrate. He’s looking forward to summer already, but it would be neat to round out the school year on a high note.
Below, you will find six ways you can celebrate the last day of Kindergarten. Some of these would work for other grades as well – just tailor them to your needs!
6 Ways to Celebrate the Last Day of Kindergarten
1. End of the Year Party – This could be a classroom party or one you throw at your home. You can coordinate with family and friends of school-aged children, or just stick with inviting people from your child’s Kindergarten class. You can do an ice cream social, water party with small pools and Super Soakers, or just a nice lunch for everyone!
2. Last Day of School Sign – We have started this tradition in our home. Our School Sign has a front and back. The front is for the first day of school, the back is for the last day. We always take a picture of Sawyer with the sign filled out, just to track the differences in him from school year to school year.
3. Kindergarten Graduation – Some schools like to celebrate the end of Kindergarten with a fun graduation ceremony. The students may be in a formal cap and gown for pictures and the event, or they may make their own construction paper graduation hats. Everyone gets a diploma to celebrate the day as well.
4. Awards Ceremony – I remember my younger siblings getting some cute awards as they finished out their year of kindergarten. My little brother earned the award for “messiest eater”! Last year, Sawyer received an award for being “most flexible” in his Pre-K class.
5. Summer is Here Basket – This fun end of the school year gift gets your children ready for the warm days of summer. You can include water guns, beach balls, sunscreen, sunglasses, BrainQuest cards, and more – whatever you think they need to enjoy their free time before it’s time to get back in school.
6. Personalized End of Kindergarten Shirt – I am a huge fan of personalized t-shirts for special events like birthdays and holidays. We recently received a Last Day of Kindergarten shirt from Zoey’s Attic, my favorite place to go when we need a custom-made shirt!
I really like the saying on this shirt. It reads:
“My last day of Kindergarten. I am 6 years old, 9 months smarter, and ready for summer! Class of 2029”
This will be the shirt that Sawyer will wear on his last day of school – which will be next week! The age and Class of “XXXX” can be personalized to fit your child’s situation. I love the quality I receive from Zoey’s Attic, and this t-shirt is no exception! This design is really cool and reminds me of subway art.
One lucky reader will win a $35 gift certificate for Zoey’s Attic! Enter to win by completing the form below. Ends May 22, 2017. Good luck!
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!