These Melted Bead Christmas Ornaments are a bright and colorful way to spruce up your tree. They are fun for children to do – and you could get the whole family involved! With the cookie cutters, you can make all different kinds of shaped Christmas ornaments.
DIY Melted Bead Christmas Ornaments
Multicolored perler beads
Metal cookie cutters
Hot glue/hot glue gun
1. Preheat your oven to 400° and lightly oil the inside of your metal ornament shapes.
2. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
3. Place your metal cookie cutters onto your parchment paper lines cookie sheet.
4. Fill your cookie cutters with your perler beads making sure the bottom is covered.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until your beads have melted together and let cool.
6. Carefully pop your bead ornaments out.
7. Tie a piece of 8″ ribbon together and hot glue to the back of your ornaments.
I think you could go one step further with these bead Christmas ornaments, in a few different ways. For one, you could draw on them with paint markers. You could also glue a photograph of your child or pet so they are front and center on your Christmas tree!
Check out our Washi & Sand Christmas Ornament too!
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!