Did you know that a new deals website can save you quite a bit when shopping for yourself or your kiddos? Or that budgeting your money will help you hold onto it longer? Since Christmas, my husband and I have been working toward making changes in our finances.
With all the researching I’ve done online, I have come across several money saving tips that can help other moms as well.
Money Saving Tips for Moms
1. Online shopping is a must! Buying on the internet can typically save you money over buying in store. You can easily compare deals across websites, so you know the cheapest place to make your purchase. Coupons and promo codes are also at your fingertips when you are shopping on the web.
2. Budgets are your friend! No matter what you are planning to purchase, having a strict budget for it will help you save money. Moms are typically in charge of birthdays, holidays, and every other special occasion in between. Divvying up the money for each expense will allow you to cut corners and save a few dollars.
3. Cut back where you can! Take a look at your current expenses. Is it possible to lower your cable bill? Decrease the speed of your internet or amount of cell phone minutes? We recently took advantage of this money saving idea and switched to Netflix only. The change allows us to pay way less than half what we were paying for our satellite dish.
4. Start that savings! Whether you want to pay off debt or save for a rainy day, a savings account is vital. If your (or your spouse’s) paycheck is directly deposited into your bank, consider setting up an automatic transfer. Have a few bucks go straight to your savings each pay day. Just $20 can make a difference! It’s money that you will not miss, and it will add up if left in the account for several months.
5. Stop carrying cash! Some may think that having cash keeps you from using credit cards. However, if you really want to save money, reduce your spending to checks or debit cards. No cash on hand keeps you from buying those little things that can quickly add up. I hate putting $1.50 on my debit card just for a drink, so I wait until I get home, saving myself some money!
Feel free to share your best money saving tips in the comments below!
This post is brought to you by MyDeals.com.
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!