Music is a perfect way to express your feelings and emotions. There are thousands of songs about love that are perfect for any occasion, whether it be to show your children, spouse, or other loved ones exactly how you feel. The following are 40 of my favorite love songs, broken down into different categories. Please add your favorite love songs in the comments below!
Songs About Love Dedicated to Children
Looking for a song to dedicate to your child? This could be played as a surprise at their birthday party, wedding, or simply just because. Many of these songs were written specifically with the singer/songwriter’s own kids in mind.
1. Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
2. In My Daughter’s Eyes by Martina McBride
3. Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
4. My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
5. You’ll Always Be My Baby by Sara Evans
6. Baby Mine from the movie, Dumbo
7. Blue Does by Blue October
8. Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
9. Forever Young by Rod Stewart
10. My Precious One by Celine Dion
Songs about Love for Couples
By far, the most popular song about love are dedicated to couples. Many of these are perfect for weddings too. If you are looking to share your love this Valentine’s Day (or any other time), making a mixed set of the following songs can really score you some brownie points!
1. Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts
2. Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
3. It Will Rain by Bruno Mars
4. Truly, Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
5. Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers
6. Amazed by Lonestar
7. Hey There Delilah by Plain White T’s
8. It’s Your Love by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
9. You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker
10. The Way You Look Tonight by Tony Bennett
11. The Reason by Hoobastank
12. I Swear by John Michael Montgomery
13. I Cross My Heart by George Strait
14. I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
15. I’ll Be There for You by Bon Jovi
16. Lost in This Moment by Big & Rich
17. I’ll Be by Edwin McCain
18. I’ll Always Love You by Whitney Houston
19. The World by Brad Paisley
20. I Can Love You Like That by John Michael Montgomery
Songs about Lost Love
Unfortunately, not all songs about love are happy. Some of them are more for those that have loved and lost. It doesn’t mean that they cannot pull on the heart strings though. If you’ve recently experienced a break up, you can probably relate to some of these.
1. Someone Like You by Adele
2. The One that Got Away by Katy Perry
3. How to Save a Life by The Fray
4. Daylight by Maroon 5
5. Paint me a Birmingham by Tracy Lawrence
6. Over and Over Again by Nelly and Tim McGraw
7. Don’t Think I Don’t Think about It by Darius Rucker
8. Unbreak my Heart by Toni Braxton
9. My Heart Will Go On by Celene Dion
10. Gone by *NSYNC
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the tips and advice from Mom's desk right to your inbox!